26 January 2011

My very first class of the semester (script analysis!) was today.  Not only is it the first class of the semester, but it was to be my very first class I will have taken at UMBC.

Alas, it was not to be.

I was supposed to get up at 8 o'clock in the morning.  This is, to me, an ungodly hour, so I took a shower and got my clothes (and jewelry!) and books and everything ready before I went to bed (at a decent hour!).  I was ready to do this thing.  After a semester off I was ready to grab the scholastic bull by his learned horns.

Well, after a tortured nights sleep (or lack thereof, I woke up every hour and "Hey Mami" kept playing in my head (damn you, Dance Central!) and my 25 pound beagle was snoring like a 325 pound man) my dad popped his head into my room at 7.30 (people are awake at that hour?!) to say that UMBC was delaying opening until 10, so my class was canceled. (There may be more parentheticals in this paragraph than are allowed by law.)

I had planned on writing a blog entry on my love of Oscar Wilde to do something semi-productive with my unexpected day off, but I spent the day sleeping, eating, and mowing down zombies in Fallout 3: New Vegas.  At least if 2012 turns out to be the Zombie Apocalypse, I will be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment